Friday, July 26, 2013

Aging Humor: Turning 65

I recently turned 65 and had to choose a new primary care physician, since I was now eligible for Medicare.

After two visits and exhaustive tests, I asked the doctor how I was doing. "Pretty well," he answered.

"Do you think I'll live to age 80?" I asked.

"Do you smoke tobacco or drink alcohol?" my doctor said.

"Oh, no," I answered. "I don't do drugs either."

"Do you have many friends and entertain a lot?"

"No, I usually stay home and keep to myself," I said.

"Do you eat a lot of barbecued steaks and ribs?" he asked.

"No, I answered. "My other doc said that all red meat is unhealthy!"

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?"

"No, I don't," I told him.

"Do you gamble, drive fast, or have a lot of sex?"

"No, I said. "I don't do any of those things."

He looked at me and said, "Then why do you care?"

-- Anonymous

____________________

Dementia Signage for the Home


20% off all products!

Enter code JULYHOLIDAYS at checkout.



Real Estate Agent Business Card (White Linen)
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment